Thursday, June 2, 2011

Replacing rotors on a 2001 Dodge Neon?

For a couple of months, I was hearing a clicking noise in my front tire, as well as a thumping noise when I braked (could also be felt in the brake pedal, but stops the harder I push) Then one day I pulled into a parking lot, going over the curb, heard a loud thunk and pulled into a parking spot, where my car was stuck. I got out to look, and saw that my front pass. side tire was turned in. Took the car to the mechanic, and had to have both tie rod ends replaced. Since then, the thumping has gotten worse. My Dad believes that is sounds like a warped rotor. He had to replace his rotors on his old car (mid 80's Ford Tempo), and is willing to replace mine. My question is, does anybody know how hard it is to change rotors on a Dodge Neon? Is it anything like changing a rotor on an old Ford Tempo? He said it was really easy on that car, so we are hoping it is easy on my car as well.

Experienced answers only please. Thank You!Replacing rotors on a 2001 Dodge Neon?If he did a brake job on his Ford, he could for it on the Neon. They are really simple!Replacing rotors on a 2001 Dodge Neon?its not really all that hard

while hes under there make sure your c/v joints are in good shape to since these may have gotten damaged when tie rod ends went poopy on youReplacing rotors on a 2001 Dodge Neon?i always say get a shop manual if working on ur car...best 15 u can spend...real money saver.....2 ,,most parts sites [advance,auto zone] have a do it urself section on line look there.Replacing rotors on a 2001 Dodge Neon?I would have a pro check it out. The thumping sounds like something else in the front suspension.Replacing rotors on a 2001 Dodge Neon?Pretty much the exact same procedure. Pull the tire, remove the caliper, remove the caliper hanger, and remove the rotors.