Wednesday, September 14, 2011

'74 gmc 1/2 ton 2 wheel drive. I changed the left front caliper, and after install found trouble, please help

I replaced the left caliper, and i think i did every thing right. Some1 tell me the steps. So i know i did it correct. Not doing brake 4 a while you forget things.

I don't think its the master cylinder. it worked fine be4 hand. I bought a rebuild caliper. Do you need to do something to it before you install. The piston isn't moving. I have bled the left (or does both sides need 2 be bled? I don't remember.) But still the rotor turns free.

And how do you bleed a line not using a hose. I am also worried about tripping the proportioning valve. I Need answer Quickly. thanks



Oh on side note. Who knows the secret of getting a auto part dealers to deliver to a house. My leg are getting tired.'74 gmc 1/2 ton 2 wheel drive. I changed the left front caliper, and after install found trouble, please helpFirst, you should only replace calipers in axle sets (both front calipers at the same time). This prevents problems from having unmatched assemblies.



Second, I have seen rebuilt calipers that do not work properly out of the box.



Lastly, how old are your flexible brake hoses? they can internally fail and not allow fluid to flow through them.



Brakes are very important, be safe and pay someone to help you with this!



BTW You have to be a regular customer with an account to have parts delivered to your door!'74 gmc 1/2 ton 2 wheel drive. I changed the left front caliper, and after install found trouble, please helpyes you make sure you bleed all brake lines you may have to do it 2or 3 times beforre the air is all out'74 gmc 1/2 ton 2 wheel drive. I changed the left front caliper, and after install found trouble, please helpCan you believe it? Some guy believed that yasra means 'the chosen one' in Sanskrit. LoL!'74 gmc 1/2 ton 2 wheel drive. I changed the left front caliper, and after install found trouble, please helpAll you have to bleed is the caliper in question, if its not moving there is air in it. Half of the time a person replaces a caliper it is the rubber line that is the problem not the caliper. Open the bleeder valve on the caliper after pumping the brake a couple of times and while someone is holding down on the brake pedal open the valve slowly let bubbles out then close, repeat 2 or 3 times then if it isn't working it isn't the caliper, check the line and look under the master cylinder and look for fluid. What made you think the caliper was bad in the first place?'74 gmc 1/2 ton 2 wheel drive. I changed the left front caliper, and after install found trouble, please helpyou're brakes are still full of air. open the bleeder valve and have someone slowly push the brake pedal down. once it's down have them hold it there while you tighten the bleeder valve. if no fluid came out repeat this process a couple times. then start a normal brake bleeding procedure. I would recomeend you bleed both front brakes as the air could have been introduced into the system while you had it apart. also make sure the master cylinder is full before starting and check the level often so that it doesn't go dry during the bleeding process and let more air in.