Wednesday, September 14, 2011

1994-95 Dodge Avenger. Front right wheel woobles more the longer I drive and the hub cap gets dangerously hot.

Here is what its what has already been replaced on the front end within the last 4 months...so what its 'not' (keeping in mind that the problem is in the front right tire):



-got 3 out of 4 brand new tires (one old in back)

-brand new front ball-joints

-new front rotors and break pads



Info that could be helpful in determining the problem:



-After getting new tires, never got an alignment.

-My back break are really bad and need to be changed

-*******When I got an Oil change 2 weeks ago (I have had the problem for a month or two), and had said NOTHING to them about my issue....they returned my car and told me the front right tire was very dangerous to drive on cause it has low tread (one of the BRAND NEW TIRES bought less than 5 months ago)



I was told (with just the info provided...have not had anybody look at it yet) that this could possibly be wheel bearings or break calibur.



Does anybody know if this sounds right? Or any other idea's that it may be? And if it is wheel bearings (which I think it is on the little info I know from reasearching the issue on the internet) how much that is to fix (not including labor...a family friend would be doing it for me)



ANY INFO WILL BE HELPFUL! thanks!

1994-95 Dodge Avenger. Front right wheel woobles more the longer I drive and the hub cap gets dangerously hot.that would either be a wheel bearing or a caliper sticking on it for it to produce a large amount of heat like that,you can easily jack it up and see if the wheel will turn freely or not,look at the rotor on that side if its got blueish look to it this means its been ran hot and that would be a bad caliper causing the brakes to grab,and that will create the heat from it, a bad axle will also cause one to wobble but not over heat, a wheel bearing usually cost around 200 bucks to have replaced,that's parts and labor,but make sure what ever you do to it is going to fix the problem,replacing parts can get really expensive ,especially if it doesn't repair the problem,good luck.1994-95 Dodge Avenger. Front right wheel woobles more the longer I drive and the hub cap gets dangerously hot.your welcome.

Report Abuse

1994-95 Dodge Avenger. Front right wheel woobles more the longer I drive and the hub cap gets dangerously hot.Sounds like wheel bearings. Jack it up and give the wheel a shake to see if it seems %26quot;wobbly.%26quot; IMight want to check the other side, too. No sense ruining another tire.1994-95 Dodge Avenger. Front right wheel woobles more the longer I drive and the hub cap gets dangerously hot.Wheel bearings are probably bad. A simple-cheap fix if you can do it yourself or know a backyard mechanic who can do it for you. 1994-95 Dodge Avenger. Front right wheel woobles more the longer I drive and the hub cap gets dangerously hot.Sounds like wheel bearings;-{ but alignment is needed after ball joints.1994-95 Dodge Avenger. Front right wheel woobles more the longer I drive and the hub cap gets dangerously hot.get your bearings checked. they sound like they are going out/gone out and should be replaced.