Tuesday, November 23, 2010

How to change rear brakes\rotors on 2002 chevy trailblazer?

Well I changed the front with no problems and it has helped allot. But I still hear allot of squealing from the rear and even sounds like a pad or something is dragging. I took a quick look without taking the wheel off and it looks really similar to the front. Being a 4wd would this be the case? Anything special? I will see if the auto place has a manual on this vehicle, but I do not think so as I looked online and it stops at 2000.



Thanks againHow to change rear brakes\rotors on 2002 chevy trailblazer?The trailblazer is straight forward. It's the identical method like the front, with the exception that it used the inside hub of the rotor as the drum for the parking brake. Take off the 2 caliper bolts and slide the caliper off the rotor. Grab the rotor and slide it off. There is no bridge to remove. The caliper piston is reset by compressing it, like the fronts. If you are going to replace the pads, it would be a good idea to replace the park brake shoes and hold down hardware as well.